Patrick Dempsey Is Leaving 'Grey's Anatomy' Next Season


Dr. McDreamy has officially stated he's leaving the E.R. at Seattle Grace. Sad times.

Hottie actor Patrick Dempsey told Italian Vanity Fair that the upcoming 8th season of Grey's Anatomy will be his last.
It’s gonna be my last,” he said. “I do not know what’s going to happen to the other characters, but for me it’s done.”
Patrick says he wants to take more time to focus on roles on the big screen. He will star in the upcoming Transformers: Dark of the Moon which will be released June 29, 2011.

I'm a fan of the show, used to be I was a huge fan but it's seriously gone down hill lately. I wonder if they'll have him leave Meredith or they'll just kill him off? Although there have been rumors that Ellen Pompeo may also be leaving the show after next season. Maybe Dr. McDreamy & Meredith will move away together?