Robert Downey Jr Is Going To Be A Dad!


The 46-year-old actor and wife Susan Downey are going to be parents soon!

That's right, the Iron Man star's wife is pregnant with their first child.
"Robert and Susan could not be more excited over this news," his rep tells PEOPLE. "They can't wait to welcome this new baby into their wonderful family."
In 2010 Robert Downey Jr. had stated he saw himself having another child by 2012...guess he was right on. He also commented that he'd like for his next offspring to a girl:
"I think we should probably try to have a girl because I don't want another male entity to have to compete," he said. "I don't want Indio to feel there's another boy in my life. But I don't know what we'd have to do [to have a girl]. Do we have to put it in a spoon and hang it upside-down?"
Cute. Hopefully he'll get his girl.

The couple has been married for 6 years.

source