Miss California Is Crowned 2011 Miss USA & Thinks Medical Marijuana Is OK


I don't watch these things but I do enjoy looking a the photos the day after in order to see what they wore.

21-year-old Miss California Alyssa Campanella took the crown last night and is the new 2011 Miss USA. The self-professed 'history geek' told host Giuliana Rancic during the pageant that she's 'obsessed with the Stuart and Tudor era' and she's a fan of shows like 'Camelot' and 'Games of Thrones' as well as 'Star Wars'.

Alyssa strutted her stuff across the stage in a beautiful turquoise Sherri Hill evening gown and was asked a question in regards to legalizing marijuana.
"I'm not sure if it should be legalized, if it would really affect, with the drug war," she said. "I mean, it's abused today, unfortunately, so that's the only reason why I would kind of be a little bit against it, but medically it's OK."
That's not a bad answer and I love the fact that she didn't actually say it should not be legalized, she just said she's not sure. I bet she's passed the doobie a few times.

Alyssa was originally from New Jersey but moved to Los Angeles after losing her apartment. At a news conference after the pageant Alyssa stated:
"The downs happen for a reason," she said. "The path that I'm on now is the path that's been meant to be."
Miss Tennessee Ashley Durham, Alyssa's best friend, won first runner-up, Miss Kentucky Kia Ben-et Hampton won Miss Congeniality USA (this is a real thing? I though it was just a movie), Miss Arizona Brittany Dawn Brannon won Miss Photogenic USA.

The ladies all celebrated after the pageant at an after-party at Chateau Nightclub. Congratulations Alyssa!

source 1 / 2